The Shoreline Dolphins wave their fins and congratulate five great student athletes as they hang up their green and gold Uniforms and move forward to playing at the university level. Shoreline’s Artez Scharer, Deron Williams, Kadeem Stewart, Bulla Viena and Earl Thompson will be transferring to various colleges to pursue their four year degrees and continue their athletic endeavors.
- Artez Scharer will be attending and playing for Concordia Alberta University in Canada. As a point guard and tri-captain for the Dolphins, Artez averaged 9.0 points per game, 2.5 rebounds per game and 2.0 assists per game.
- Deron Williams will be attending and playing for Fisher College in Boston, Mass. As a point guard and tri-captain for the Dolphins, Deron averaged 5.8 points per game, 2.7 rebounds per game and 2.1 assists per game.
- Kadeem Stewart will be attending Vancouver Island College. As a co-captain for the Dolphins in 2013, 2nd team all-league, NWAC all-star, NWAC assist leader, he averaged 20.6 points per game, 4.1 rebounds per game , 8.1 assists per game and 2.5 steals per game.
- Bulla Viena will be attending and playing for University of Regina in Canada for the football team. As a guard/forward for the Dolphins, Bulla averaged 8.4 points per game, 4.9 rebounds per game and 1.9 steals per game.
- Earl Thompson will be attending Brandon University in Canada. As a guard/forward for the Dolphins, Earl was a tri-captain, 2nd team all-league, and an NWAC all-star. Earl averaged 21.5 points per game, 9.7 rebounds per game and 1.4 steals per game.
“The entire Shoreline Community College athletic department would like to commend these student-athletes for their hard work on and off the floor,” Shoreline Athletic Director, Steve Eskridge said. “We wish them the very best at the next level.”