Former Phin Signs Pro Contract in Thailand

11150249_430431377115529_3426644268847718167_n (1)Former Phin point guard Avery Scharer has signed a professional basketball contract with OSK Basketball Club in Thailand. This will be Sharer’s fourth season as a professional basketball player overseas.

Scharer just completed two seasons with the KL Dragons in Malaysia. In his first season with the KL Dragons he averaged 19.5 points per game and 7.2 rebounds per game on his way to being named the league tournament MVP and Guard of the Year. In his second season with KL Dragons, Sharer played in the ASEAN League where he led the league in assists and steals. Scharer was named Guard of the Year, 1st team all league and was runner up in both MVP and Defensive Play of the Year voting. In Scharer’s first professional season he averaged 15 points and 10 assists for Aravtuud in the Mongolian league.

Scharer was a standout guard for the Phins in 2011-12. He was named second team all North Region as well as 2nd team all NWAc Tournament where he led the Phins to a 7th place finish. Scharer led the NWAC with 9.2 assists per game breaking the Shoreline single season record. Scharer spoke highly of his development at Shoreline saying, “Shoreline prepared me for life at the next level by humbling me in all aspects of life. The people were supportive and loving, the professors were fair and firm, and my coaches and AD gave me the confidence to play my game. I am appreciative of and thankful for everyone that helped our team during my time at Shoreline.”

%d bloggers like this: